Latest Discussions : Electrical & Lighting


08:16AM | 07/30/05
Member Since: 07/29/05
2 lifetime posts
A trickle of water is constantly coming out of the discharge hose. Tried to recharge, didn't work. Was told by Culligan that the control parts for this unit isn't made anymore. We purchased this unit about (?) 8-9 years ago and was told then that this was a new model. What to do?


05:05PM | 07/30/05
Member Since: 11/11/02
2267 lifetime posts
Sorry but I'm not at all familiar with water softeners. I believe they're considered a plumbing product so you might try asking on Bob's Plumbing forum (see the following link) to see if someone there can help.



Dan O.


12:08PM | 02/23/06
Member Since: 02/22/06
1 lifetime posts
This model is similar to Estate II. Just tell them that.They were under impression that it is Northbrook 8 model.


09:15AM | 02/27/06
Member Since: 01/22/04
46 lifetime posts
Kenmore, installed by Sears, likely has you back up and running for 700ish, tops.

Culligan parts and service sounds like more than that to me. Spare yourself the aggravation if you can handle loading salt yourself.


02:05PM | 11/09/07
Member Since: 11/08/07
1 lifetime posts
this unit I own its the plunger kit thats bad. its still made..

its runs about 60 bucks and comes with everything you need to overhaul the valves inside the unit. also check to make sur your sediment filter is working and that you dont have sand in your well or water supply.

culligan of wilmington nc has those parts.. they are on the web too.

e mail me if you have questions..


Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button