Latest Discussions : Home Design


04:04PM | 10/11/06
Member Since: 08/11/06
8 lifetime posts
i am building a new home and am installing 6 panel oak interior doors, i would like to trim them with a fluted casing but dont care for the rosette corner pieces anyone have any suggestions for top trim crown etc... thanks


07:49AM | 10/12/06
Member Since: 03/08/06
192 lifetime posts
I agree with you about the rosette corner pieces. Why spend $5 on a 5 inch square piece of wood that just screams "I am too lazy to mitre"

I don't know that it's called, but I like the door trim that reminds me of an mantle on the top. Like in the top left of the attached picture. I think they may be called Architraves.

811 interior door trim


08:41AM | 02/12/10
Member Since: 02/11/10
1 lifetime posts
I have also seen what you are talking about called a crosshead. Here is a link


12:33AM | 04/01/12
Member Since: 04/01/12
1 lifetime posts
Crosshead Depot has changed their name to apparently. I really like their products, since they are all-wood constructed and not that cheap foam stuff for about the same price.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button