I'm looking for some opinions on a concrete foundations vs crawl space foundations. It seems all the builders around here use a slab for the foundation; but I like crawl space foundations.
I don't know about quality, but for space saving reasons, the crawl space wins. My crawl space contains several things that would otherwise have to be inside the house: the water heater, air handler (for heat pump) plumbing and filter (for well water), etc.
Slabs are cheaper than crawl spaces for a reason. Imagine a broken water or sewer line under a slab. Only recourse is jackhammer. I would never buy on a slab unless it was new and temporary such as a flip. At least with a crawl you can access water lines, sewer lines, and if large even have storage. Also slabs are hard on the body. They get cold in winter and if you have arthritis you WILL notice a difference. In my expert opinion crawls rule.
- 7 Types of Homeowners Who Can Benefit from a Backyard Shed
- 50 Products for Quick Fixes Around the House
- How To: Keep Cool When You're Working Outside
- 21 Money-Saving Tricks Every Homeowner Needs to Know
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 19 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects