Latest Discussions : Buying & Selling Homes


02:35PM | 02/20/02
Member Since: 06/14/01
57 lifetime posts
I purchased my home 2-1/2yrs ago and recently I realized that I never received my closing package from my attorney. I contacted him several times and each time he promises to forward it to me but I'm up to my four or fifth call to him without results. What can I do?

Jay J

02:41AM | 02/21/02
Member Since: 10/26/00
782 lifetime posts
Hi tate16t,

Have you stopped by his office? I'd consider contacting the Local Bar Association to see what your options are. How 'bout talking to your Mortgage Co.? Maybe they have some 'insight'. At worst, perhaps you can get Certified Copies of your Closing Package from a variety of sources should the documents be 'lost' or whatever. Of course, you'll probably have to pay but you DO want them. Again, be SURE to pay for (get) Certified Copies of whatever it is you need.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: God Bless America!


06:23PM | 01/04/03
Member Since: 01/03/03
97 lifetime posts
if you had a realtor at the time of purchase they should have a copy if not then your attorney is extremely lazy and he need to get down to business, and maybe the title company you closed at has a copy as well

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button