Latest Discussions : Tools & Workshop


07:29AM | 07/07/03
Member Since: 07/06/03
6 lifetime posts
I am trying to identify a product used to patch and fill insect damage and rot on exposed wood members, as recently shown on a Bob Vila program. The product was apparently a two-part epoxy (one green, one clear part, in case that helps) that was mixed and smoothed into voids in wood and gaps between members. It was shown to be easily shaped with a wood chisel after drying. Most notable was that it was used to fill gaps as much as an inch wide.

I plan to use this product to secure custom-made thresholds and transition for a new wood floor installation. I need a product that can provide some thickness to fill subfloor unevenness and support the threshold piece at an exact level.

Thank you for your feedback.


12:35PM | 07/07/03
Member Since: 09/17/02
524 lifetime posts
I don't what Bob used but here is some info that help your search.

A search of 'wood restoration' on google brings up many sites.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button