Latest Discussions : Plumbing


10:37PM | 12/25/03
Member Since: 12/23/03
17 lifetime posts
Any ideas on how to safely reduce my water pressure from 85 PSI to somewhere between 30-40 PSI? I found a pressure reducing valve at Home Depot but it says it contains LEAD and the guy there verified that this valve is used for OUTDOOR irrigation only and not for drinking water. Any ideas? So far, one hose has popped off in my house and my water softener leaks because of the high pressure I think too.

plumber Tom

11:58AM | 12/26/03
Member Since: 05/10/03
801 lifetime posts
Pressure reducing valve is needed on the outlet side of the water meter. The PRV you saw at Home Depot, might have been just a backflow preventer. Some backflow preventers (potable water supply) will reduce the pressure and give you protection against cross-connections with your lawn sprinkler system. Go to a plumbing supply house to get the best options.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button