Latest Discussions : Plumbing


04:11AM | 02/22/04
Member Since: 02/21/04
2 lifetime posts
This is my first time to the forum and I need help -- how do I fix a belly in my sewer line? Can I just dig around it and lift it up or do I have to replace the part that is sagging? I have to get my house ready to sell, so this is pretty important. Thank you

plumber Tom

04:45PM | 02/23/04
Member Since: 05/10/03
801 lifetime posts
When you say "dig" I'm assuming your main house drain is buried, or enters the concrete at the low point. If you have lead joints (cast-iron)piping, then get a plumber out there to correct the section that your having problems with. If it's PVC, then you may be able to add a hanger where the belly is occuring. Normal pitch on 3 to 4" diameter pipe is 1/4" per foot.


01:04PM | 02/24/04
Member Since: 02/21/04
2 lifetime posts
It's PVC, thanks for your response. I appreciate it

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button