Latest Discussions : Plumbing


08:47AM | 03/10/04
Member Since: 03/09/04
1 lifetime posts
I was wondering if anyone can help me with what size of stainless steel piping I need to use to ruffin my stove and dryer. 1/2 or 3/4.


plumber Tom

10:59AM | 03/10/04
Member Since: 05/10/03
801 lifetime posts
Normally Chuck black pipe is used, then a flex-line is taken off the black iron pipe. You can get adapters from either 3/4" or 1/2" to make your connection. I would use what's there already if possible. Just make sure you use a NPT fitting onto the black pipe and then a flared fitting to make the flex line connection. If you need further help check out DanO's website Use pipe dope on male threads only and you should have no problems.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button