Latest Discussions : Plumbing


04:10AM | 03/26/04
Member Since: 03/04/03
44 lifetime posts

Can someone please explain what a sanitary Tee is exactly, and how it is used???

If I am tieing in a new sink drain(on first floor) to an existing tub drain from a bathroom upstairs(2nd floor) is a sanitary tee the name of the piece that joins together the bathtub drain and sink drain???

One more silly question.. What is an S-trap and how is it used?? I know a P trap is under sinks but I have heard the term S traps used before also.

Thanks in advance for your help,


plumber Tom

03:54PM | 03/26/04
Member Since: 05/10/03
801 lifetime posts
Is a plumbing fitting that picks up the drains on a 90 degree angle. A wye picks them up on a 45 degree. The term sanitary just refers to waste. Tees are not allowed in most residential plumbing codes to be placed on their "backs" A "P" trap is used thru walls and an "S" trap is used thru floors.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button