1. At what height should I install the baseboards for carpet and should I install the shoe molding after or before the carpet. I have heard both 1/4 and 1/2 inch for the baseboard height. I plan to have a plush or berber carpet installed.
2. I am finishing a built-in bar/storage unit of 3/4 oak. For the transition from the 1/2 drywall to the 3/4 oak I plan to install a stop and chair rail molding. Yes I will install the chair rail molding vertical.
My question is should molding run to the floor OR stop above the baseboard. I plan to either miter the baseboard if molding runs to the floor OR miter the char rail modling if it stops above the baseboard. Both ways look ok, I was curiuos as to which way would be considered the "correct" way of doing it.
Thanks in advance...
- 7 Types of Homeowners Who Can Benefit from a Backyard Shed
- 50 Products for Quick Fixes Around the House
- How To: Keep Cool When You're Working Outside
- 21 Money-Saving Tricks Every Homeowner Needs to Know
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 19 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects