1. At what height should I install the baseboards for carpet and should I install the shoe molding after or before the carpet. I have heard both 1/4 and 1/2 inch for the baseboard height. I plan to have a plush or berber carpet installed.
2. I am finishing a built-in bar/storage unit of 3/4 oak. For the transition from the 1/2 drywall to the 3/4 oak I plan to install a stop and chair rail molding. Yes I will install the chair rail molding vertical.
My question is should molding run to the floor OR stop above the baseboard. I plan to either miter the baseboard if molding runs to the floor OR miter the char rail modling if it stops above the baseboard. Both ways look ok, I was curiuos as to which way would be considered the "correct" way of doing it.
Thanks in advance...
Tile over tile
Desperately seeking discontinued floor tile,,,, cera...
Pergo Madison Hickory lament flooring
- 7 Types of Homeowners Who Can Benefit from a Backyard Shed
- 50 Products for Quick Fixes Around the House
- How To: Keep Cool When You're Working Outside
- 21 Money-Saving Tricks Every Homeowner Needs to Know
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 19 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects