Latest Discussions : HVAC


01:05PM | 10/03/00
Member Since: 10/02/00
4 lifetime posts
A few months ago on one of the DYI shows, I saw a heating system for bathrooms without heating ducts. Putting it simply, it was like a giant heating pad that installed under the ceramic tile. Has anyone heard of such a product? If so, where can I find them, what are the called, etc. Any help would be Greatly appreciated.

Scott Zeiter


03:09PM | 10/04/00
Member Since: 02/19/00
205 lifetime posts
They, or it is called Radiant floor heat. This requires a boiler amd specialized tubing to be run undernieth the floor boards. It's very nice, but can be costly even if you have a boiler.


01:45AM | 10/05/00
Member Since: 10/02/00
4 lifetime posts
Hollywood. Thank you for your reply. However, this is not what I saw. It was a flat pad. The only way I can describe it, is as a 6 foot by 6 foot 'heating' pad, just like the one you would use for your back. It was about 1/4 to 1/2" thick, and had and electrical connection. It provides radiant heat, but from an electrical source. It was presented as a new product, designed as an alternative for older houses without HVAC ducts in the room.

Brian Wood

02:29PM | 10/05/00
Hi Bigmouth: You can find what you're looking for at Tell Rod that Brian (tankless) Wood sent you, & said hi.
If you need tankless water heaters, please call me at 1 800 851 9891 or e-mail me at

You'll really love that heated floor.

Regards, Brian.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button