Latest Discussions : Tools & Workshop


07:34PM | 06/22/09
Member Since: 07/12/05
4 lifetime posts
I have some outdoor wood pieces that I had to make from standard pine boards + plywood, and I'd like to treat it like the PT lumber to resist rot, etc.

Is the chemical they use to make lumber "pressure-treated" available to consumers, or is there something else? This will be pretty much of a one-time thing, as the pieces will be hard to reach once installed, so using something like Thomson's Water Seal that needs to be re-applied isn't a viable option....

Any suggestions?


Texas Boy

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button