My wife was trying to change a halogen lightbulb in our bathroom. The sconce has three bulbs and she managed to rip the wiring of the middle one thus destroying the sconce. She then turned the light on, heard a pop and now the light doesn't work. I replaced the light with a brand new one. Rewiring the broken one was too expensive. I hooked up the new light, but I am not getting it to work. Is it possible that we blew out the switch as well? Sorry but I am a complete novice at this stuff.
Did you reset the breaker or change the fuse? If so then the new fixture is either not wired correctly or the switch may be damaged (not likely).