Latest Discussions : Electrical & Lighting


12:45PM | 07/31/03
Member Since: 07/30/03
4 lifetime posts
We have a hall light that is controlled from two locations. My wife would like to remove one of the switches. Can this be done and if so how would the wiring go?


06:58PM | 08/04/03
Member Since: 05/11/03
62 lifetime posts
Yes it can be done, but there are a lot of ways a 3 way can be wired. To make a long story short you simply need to attach wires together at the deleted switch location so you end up with the hot leg, and the switch leg back at the location you want to change to a single pole. Then install a proper blank cover at the deleted location (do not cover the old box with plaster or a cabinet). Be sure to turn off the circuit! If this doesnt explain it for you please call a licensed electrician. Mr. Electric

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button