Here's the deal,
I have a pole-parn that holds my woodworking woodshop - when I had it built several years ago - they ran the 110 power out of my basement breaker box underground to the polebarn (150 feet away) and put in a 120 service box....
So that's great - I have had 120 for years- but recently I have added mucho tools and my most recent aquistion - A Grizzly 8 Inch Jointer - requires 220 ONLY- but I don't have 220 - or the 220 feeds.
More bad news - since the power was run to my pole barn - I have paved over the area where the wire trenches were run - so I can not go back to the basement and re-run the power wire I need to give me 220... SO - Here are my questions:
1) Am I just plain out-of-luck - all dressed up with no place to go?
2) Can I buy a device that converts 110 to 220 - so I can plug in my 220 ONLY jointer?
3) Do I call the consumer Energy and have them charge me my "Next born" to run a seperate power run into my polebarn (I am 1/3 of a mile off the road - I had to pay 3K+ to get power out to my house to begin with..)5 power poles later I had my juice..
4) Do I send back the 220 Jointer that I just received from Grizzly?
5) And yes - I know now that a little more planning on the front-end would have been helpful (and stopped me from buying a jointer that I can't use)...(Even though I got a great deal on it - 600.00 for an 8"inch jointer is a great deal...)
Thanks in advance - for any help, as any help you can give has got to better than what I have now...
Get Help from Bob Vila
- Give-Aways & Offers
- Monthly Must Do's
- DIY Project Ideas
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Inspirational Photo Galleries