Latest Discussions : Electrical & Lighting

Teachertam

03:44PM | 09/16/05
Member Since: 09/15/05
2 lifetime posts
Recently my dryer stopped working properly (heater element) my husband went to unplug to replace it and received a bad eletric shock and burns to his hand. He checked things out and didnt see any problems with the outlet. Second dryer (old used one) worked 2 weeks then drum stopped rotating. Went to unplug this dryer from same 220 outlet (this time with gloves on) and the same elctric shocking arcing problem happened. What could be causing the electric arcing when unplugging the turned off appliance? Bad wiring in outlet? Please help!!!

Billhart

05:37PM | 09/16/05
Member Since: 04/25/05
1915 lifetime posts
The wiring could be bad, the receptacle could have failed, or it could have been miss wired at the receptacle and/or panel.

Have an electrican check it out.


tsimko

04:37AM | 09/17/05
Member Since: 12/28/04
48 lifetime posts
SHUT OFF ALL POWER TO THE HOUSE. Then tear the outlet apart and you'll probably find loose wires or broken metal contacts. It's not real complicated, just replace it IF YOU KNOW HOW... If not, call an expert!!!

tshea1

10:32AM | 09/17/05
Member Since: 05/03/05
79 lifetime posts
If you were SHOCKED and BURNED you need to call a pro. DO IT NOW!


Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button

Anonymous

Post new button or Login button
Register