Latest Discussions : Electrical & Lighting


05:00PM | 08/28/06
Member Since: 08/27/06
1 lifetime posts
need to know what size wire to use going from a 200 amp main to a 100 amp breaker box so i can run fridge electric heater and microwave.i want to use it as a little apartment so what size do you think i need.i have 12-2 for the outlets and lights just want to know what to run from main at pole to breaker box in building.

Tom O

02:50PM | 08/29/06
Member Since: 09/17/02
476 lifetime posts
4/0 aluminum or 2/0 copper if you're protecting it with a 200 amp breaker. If you want to drop down to a 100 amp breaker to protect this feed, then #4 copper or #2 aluminum.

Don't forget that you will need to install additional ground rods at the 100 amp panel


Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button