Latest Discussions : Painting


07:00PM | 07/29/00
Member Since: 07/28/00
1 lifetime posts
We're repairing some old water damange in our
bathroom (plate at the bottom of the studs is
soft and spongy, planning on cutting out
the bottom of the studs, replacing the plate
and the stud bottoms, and bracing. Non-load-bearing walls). The walls are what
sound like "poorman's plaster" described
somewhere on this website -- 2xsomething wallboard installed horizontally, with what's
probably plaster. I don't want to deal with
replastering, and would hence like to put
up wallboard instead. The wallboard/plaster
that is there is roughly 3/4"; I didn't see
any drywall that size at the local Home
Depot (just 1/2 and 5/8); is 3/4" drywall
readily available? Are there any other
suggestions on repairing this, without pulling out the entire two walls and putting
up 1/2" drywall?



05:44AM | 07/31/00
Member Since: 03/13/00
1674 lifetime posts
1/4-inch of plywood (or other material) plus 1/2-inch of drywall adds up to 3/4-inch.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button