Latest Discussions : Painting


03:35PM | 11/08/03
Member Since: 12/30/02
46 lifetime posts
I will be sanding and staing some 6 panel doors soon but I noticed that the wood in some area's is "fuzzy" for lack of a better word.
What grit sandpaper should I use to smooth this out?It's only on the beveled edges around the panels.
Thanks in advance.


01:50PM | 11/10/03
Member Since: 07/28/02
1356 lifetime posts
You will need to work your way down the grits of sandpaper. Start with 100 and progress to say 300 and that should take care of the fuzzy wood and be sure to sand with the grain of the wood.


06:08AM | 11/11/03
Member Since: 05/19/03
457 lifetime posts
Im sure what you are talking about is the little slivers along the edges mostly on the sides of the panels.
I use either 220 grit or steel wool,and they come off real quick,but where gloves be cause these are a bugger to get out of the fingers or palm of your hands if it happens to stick you.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button