We have an eighties house with yellow/gold colored tile in one bathroom and light blue tile in the other. Neither of these tile colors works for us and we'd like to paint the tile in both bathrooms white so that we can use any color in them.
Can we successfully paint bathroom tile and, if so, what type of paint works well?
Thanks very much for the tip on Tile Doc! I immediately found a website for it and e-mailed asking if it would meet my needs.
Was curious to hear how the tile painting turned out. I'm experienced using etching cream, so this seems like a great alternative to re-tiling the entire bathroom. Also, the apartment I rent painted the bathrom tile during a recent remodeling (at least a year ago), and it seems to have held up beautifully. how did it work for you? I see so many conflicting articles about it being a good idea and a horrendous idea.
- 7 Types of Homeowners Who Can Benefit from a Backyard Shed
- 50 Products for Quick Fixes Around the House
- How To: Keep Cool When You're Working Outside
- 21 Money-Saving Tricks Every Homeowner Needs to Know
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 19 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects