I have some green vinyl blinds hanging in my bedroom windows. I went with a darker color in order to block the sun which shines very brightly in my room.
I needed to block some of that light out of my face. I am in the process of getting ready to remodel my bedroom and I want to know if I can paint my blinds a lighter color to coincide with my new paint and drapes?
Please help me I am desparate, I don't want to have to purchase another set of blinds or do you have a better solution that is more economical.
I would say that you should buy new blinds. Thre are paints that will stick to plastic/vinyl but as thin as blinds are I feel that with the bending, that paint will start to peel off rather quickly.
Thanks so I guess there is not another economical solution to this problem huh? Well thanks anyway good advice.
I'd have to agree with the post above, buying new blinds could be your best option. New blinds don't have to be too expensive I have found mini blinds and vertical blinds to be pretty cheap. I found some links that have good prices if you do decide to get new blinds: vertical blinds &
As an interior designer, I would suggest mini blinds as an affordable suggestion! Take a look at these from my favorite window treatment website. They are dirt cheap!
- 7 Types of Homeowners Who Can Benefit from a Backyard Shed
- 50 Products for Quick Fixes Around the House
- How To: Keep Cool When You're Working Outside
- 21 Money-Saving Tricks Every Homeowner Needs to Know
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 19 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects