- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Miami Beach Condo > Episode 3: Condo Feature Installations and Touring Lincoln Road, Miami Beach
Pocket Door Installation
Project: Miami Beach Condo, Episode 3, Part 2
- Part 1: Demolition Review and Shower Installation
- Part 2: Pocket Door Installation
- Gilson Novaes from Gilson Interiors uses a bullet-nail gun to attach a steel plate directly to the concrete floor for the partition wall that will hold a pair of pocket doors. When open, these doors will create a five-foot opening and give the apartment a great-room feel.
The standard prefab pocket doorframes are screwed to the steel framing and leveled. The advantage of using the prefab doors is that the framing serves both wall and door framing, eliminating the need for a second wall to hold the drywall. Also, Bob takes note of the versatility of steel studs.
- Part 3: Touring Lincoln Road in Miami Beach
The kitchen is converted into an elegant dining space looking onto the living area, while a closet is transformed into a bar with recessed lighting and glass shelves. And the small bathroom turns into an oasis with luminous glass tile, a wash of color, and sleek new fixtures.
Pocket doors with an antique-look are installed so as to separate the living and sleeping spaces, and furniture is selected to reflect Miami's unique personality.
Finally, the outdoor space overlooking Biscayne Bay is made practical and, perhaps most importantly, comfortable.
ALL EPISODES IN MIAMI BEACH CONDO