- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Miami Beach Condo > Episode 4: Installing Kitchen Cabinets and Using Glass Shower Tile
Installing Glass Tile in the Shower
Project: Miami Beach Condo, Episode 4, Part 2
The bedroom shower gets a wash of light and color thanks to vitreous glass tiles. A specialty tile grout is applied to make the tiles look like water cascading over the walls.
- Part 1: Installing Kitchen Cabinets
- Part 2: Installing Glass Tile in the Shower
- The shower is nearly complete, as the crew prepares to grout the Vitrus Glasstile in the shower. (Glass tile differs from ceramic in that glass diffuses a fluid, artistic impression across the room). Bob says special mildew- and stain-proof grout is being used, a Lichen-colored product called SpectraLOCK (which the contractors mix with Glow Dazzle to impart a special luminous quality).
- Part 3: Installing a Floating Vanity Cabinet
- Part 4: Mounting Overhead Cabinets
The kitchen is converted into an elegant dining space looking onto the living area, while a closet is transformed into a bar with recessed lighting and glass shelves. And the small bathroom turns into an oasis with luminous glass tile, a wash of color, and sleek new fixtures.
Pocket doors with an antique-look are installed so as to separate the living and sleeping spaces, and furniture is selected to reflect Miami's unique personality.
Finally, the outdoor space overlooking Biscayne Bay is made practical and, perhaps most importantly, comfortable.
ALL EPISODES IN MIAMI BEACH CONDO