- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Miami Beach Condo > Episode 4: Installing Kitchen Cabinets and Using Glass Shower Tile
Installing Kitchen Cabinets
Project: Miami Beach Condo, Episode 4, Part 1
The bedroom shower gets a wash of light and color thanks to vitreous glass tiles. A specialty tile grout is applied to make the tiles look like water cascading over the walls.
- Part 1: Installing Kitchen Cabinets
- Bob meets with LesCare cabinet representative Brad Brewster, of Princeton Custom Cabinetry, who explains the features of this semi-custom cabinet line and outlines the installation process.
Bob has selected a standard white, contemporary style that features invisible hardware, undermount drawers, and edge-banded finishing.
The cabinets look seamless and almost completely eliminate off-gassing, due to the edge-banded design. Brewster shows Bob the kitchen layout, as Bob prices out the job per running foot, finding the LesCare cabinets to be affordable, elegant, and easily cared for.
- Part 2: Installing Glass Tile in the Shower
- Part 3: Installing a Floating Vanity Cabinet
- Part 4: Mounting Overhead Cabinets
The kitchen is converted into an elegant dining space looking onto the living area, while a closet is transformed into a bar with recessed lighting and glass shelves. And the small bathroom turns into an oasis with luminous glass tile, a wash of color, and sleek new fixtures.
Pocket doors with an antique-look are installed so as to separate the living and sleeping spaces, and furniture is selected to reflect Miami's unique personality.
Finally, the outdoor space overlooking Biscayne Bay is made practical and, perhaps most importantly, comfortable.
ALL EPISODES IN MIAMI BEACH CONDO