- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Miami Beach Condo > Episode 4: Installing Kitchen Cabinets and Using Glass Shower Tile
Installing a Floating Vanity Cabinet
Project: Miami Beach Condo, Episode 4, Part 3
The bedroom shower gets a wash of light and color thanks to vitreous glass tiles. A specialty tile grout is applied to make the tiles look like water cascading over the walls.
- Part 1: Installing Kitchen Cabinets
- Part 2: Installing Glass Tile in the Shower
- Part 3: Installing a Floating Vanity Cabinet
- Brad Brewster of Princeton Custom Cabinetry joins Bob for the installation of a LesCare vanity that will be floated 12 inches above the floor, using a cross-braced configuration on the side wall and a full cleat for rear support.
Brewster goes on to show Bob the glued-dowel construction of the cabinets, as well as the undermount hardware from Blum that will make all fasteners and cabinet hardware invisible upon installation.
- Part 4: Mounting Overhead Cabinets
The kitchen is converted into an elegant dining space looking onto the living area, while a closet is transformed into a bar with recessed lighting and glass shelves. And the small bathroom turns into an oasis with luminous glass tile, a wash of color, and sleek new fixtures.
Pocket doors with an antique-look are installed so as to separate the living and sleeping spaces, and furniture is selected to reflect Miami's unique personality.
Finally, the outdoor space overlooking Biscayne Bay is made practical and, perhaps most importantly, comfortable.
ALL EPISODES IN MIAMI BEACH CONDO