I have an old (1878) feedmill that I renovated last year. The bottom is my photography studio. The second and third floor is a Bed and Breakfast. This Spring I want to take care of the outside siding. There is old woodsiding on it now... I want to keep that look but would like to put vinyl on that would be maintance free. It sits right on a river so maintance is almost impossible with out a crane. My question is this... Is there a vinyl siding that has the look of wood. I mean a real look of wood. I have searched online and have not found any. Can someone lead me in the right direction?
Oh wow don't ruin the look of an old building by putting vinyl siding on it. Also remember that there is no such a thing as maintenance free on the outside as all exteriors need to be washed and cleaned from time to time and sooner or later the vinyl siding will need to be painted. I am sure the people that bought aluminum siding thought the same thing.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes