I have an old (1878) feedmill that I renovated last year. The bottom is my photography studio. The second and third floor is a Bed and Breakfast. This Spring I want to take care of the outside siding. There is old woodsiding on it now... I want to keep that look but would like to put vinyl on that would be maintance free. It sits right on a river so maintance is almost impossible with out a crane. My question is this... Is there a vinyl siding that has the look of wood. I mean a real look of wood. I have searched online and have not found any. Can someone lead me in the right direction?
Oh wow don't ruin the look of an old building by putting vinyl siding on it. Also remember that there is no such a thing as maintenance free on the outside as all exteriors need to be washed and cleaned from time to time and sooner or later the vinyl siding will need to be painted. I am sure the people that bought aluminum siding thought the same thing.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight