I have an old (1878) feedmill that I renovated last year. The bottom is my photography studio. The second and third floor is a Bed and Breakfast. This Spring I want to take care of the outside siding. There is old woodsiding on it now... I want to keep that look but would like to put vinyl on that would be maintance free. It sits right on a river so maintance is almost impossible with out a crane. My question is this... Is there a vinyl siding that has the look of wood. I mean a real look of wood. I have searched online and have not found any. Can someone lead me in the right direction?
Oh wow don't ruin the look of an old building by putting vinyl siding on it. Also remember that there is no such a thing as maintenance free on the outside as all exteriors need to be washed and cleaned from time to time and sooner or later the vinyl siding will need to be painted. I am sure the people that bought aluminum siding thought the same thing.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!