Carpet over tile squares
O.K. I decided not to add any subfloor. My basement floor currently has the stick down squares. Can carpet be added over it?? I am moving walls and there are no tiles in some areas, If the squares stay, will you be able to see a line?
I recently went through this situation-about two weeks ago. Not only was I installing carpet over tile, but I was installing tile over tile. I went to Home Depot and looked in the area where they sell underlayment for floors and purchased a bagged powder that you mix with water to get underlayment (7.5lb bag is $14 if I recall correctly.) This can also be used for "transition areas" like where there is tile and where there is not. At first I did not use it under the carpet, the carpet was walked on and settled and since I knew where to look, I could see a line where the tile started. I pulled up the carpet and put in the underlayment and feathered the edges and it looks great now. Good luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!