Hi, a friend of mine wants me to fix some wood molded windows on the corners of the frame, specially the ones on the washroom. At first I thought it should be so easy just to sand away the bumps caused by the mold apply some plaster and paint but, I'm wondering if this would be a long fixing since, I think, mold will come up again soon. I should say that a suggested him to replace the windows for maybe composite PVC frames but he doesn't want spend much because is selling de house. Does anyone here know what should I use to kill the fungus? someone recommended me to spray bleach on it. Does any of you had that experience with windows or doors?
Paint them with Kilz mildew-resistant paint. The washroom is likely getting mildew b/c of the humidity causing condensation on the window pane.
Unfortunately once mold gets into wood etc. it cannot be removed so you will have to take it out or encapsulate it with a product like KILZ. I would suggest using a disinfectant spray like Sporicidin, a wire brush and a HEPA vacuum first before encapsulating it. This way you will help ensure that the mold is actually gone before painting it. Good Luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes