Hi, a friend of mine wants me to fix some wood molded windows on the corners of the frame, specially the ones on the washroom. At first I thought it should be so easy just to sand away the bumps caused by the mold apply some plaster and paint but, I'm wondering if this would be a long fixing since, I think, mold will come up again soon. I should say that a suggested him to replace the windows for maybe composite PVC frames but he doesn't want spend much because is selling de house. Does anyone here know what should I use to kill the fungus? someone recommended me to spray bleach on it. Does any of you had that experience with windows or doors?
Paint them with Kilz mildew-resistant paint. The washroom is likely getting mildew b/c of the humidity causing condensation on the window pane.
Unfortunately once mold gets into wood etc. it cannot be removed so you will have to take it out or encapsulate it with a product like KILZ. I would suggest using a disinfectant spray like Sporicidin, a wire brush and a HEPA vacuum first before encapsulating it. This way you will help ensure that the mold is actually gone before painting it. Good Luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!