Ceiling tiles in basement.
As far as the asbestos, I am not sure. I would suppose it is possible. Your best bet is to call someone in from your city to inspect it before you start. Just remember, the tile that is on your ceiling is very messy to tear off. Please remember to wear safety glasses, masks and gloves when dealing with this stuff.
I don't know if this is any help, but at least someone gave it a shot!!!
I would also advise a drop cieling. They make a varitey of tile styles. And as mentioned above, if you ever wanted to add anything, or repair a problem, you just move them out of the way. Just my $.02.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love