I have an unfinished basement, and I am planning to have it finished as a DIY project.
I need info as to how to get started, which would mean installing the Frames as also considering the pipes, corners etc.
After the frame is in place, I would like to dry wall it.
1st be sure you have no water problems. Then make sure the floor is level to start your sole plate (stud) Do a search on this topic. This is one of the most FAQ here. Do not attach any 2x4's or furring strips directly to the wall. 2x4 framing should be suitable to add insulation and additional electrical receptacles. If you need a powder room or even a full bath, post back and I can offer you some ideas, Tom
Finishing High Water Table Basement s
Should I cover insulation in unfinished basement if ...
GYM in unfinished basement
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects