I have an unfinished basement, and I am planning to have it finished as a DIY project.
I need info as to how to get started, which would mean installing the Frames as also considering the pipes, corners etc.
After the frame is in place, I would like to dry wall it.
1st be sure you have no water problems. Then make sure the floor is level to start your sole plate (stud) Do a search on this topic. This is one of the most FAQ here. Do not attach any 2x4's or furring strips directly to the wall. 2x4 framing should be suitable to add insulation and additional electrical receptacles. If you need a powder room or even a full bath, post back and I can offer you some ideas, Tom
Finishing High Water Table Basement s
Should I cover insulation in unfinished basement if ...
GYM in unfinished basement
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight