I am wondering if anyone out there can help me with my basement problems. We have a finished basement that has been having major water problems. In our son's room (front west corner of the house) there was water that seemed to be seeping through the walls. However, no water leaks along the walls, only water lines along the floor. There is cement underneath the carpeting. About half of the room was soaking wet. We dried the carpet, did not pull the carpet up. On the outside, my husband dug a 18 foot long, 4 foot deep, 1 1/2 foot wide trench around that particular corner of the house. Put in a perforated drain pipe, covered the pipe with weeding fabric, sealed the exterior wall, applied a plastic barrier against the wall. And then we put in about two tons of gravel. We also drained the pipe away from the house on both corners. (west and east) We had rain for about 8 days after the french drain was initially put in. Today, we had continuous rain all day and a small portion of the carpet is wet. We don't know what else to do! We think that water may be gathering underneath our porch, which is where the water seems to be coming in. Can anyone help us? We are thinking of concrete, but we're not sure. We're also thinking of having chem dry come and clean our carpet. Please help!
This drain thats 4 feet deep. That is all the way to to or below the cellar floor grade?? If not, you'll have to dig deeper. also fill the drain trench almost all the way to the top with crushed stone. If there is a downslope grade lower than cellar floor grade,your in good shape. Add the porch to this also.If this doesn't work there is a good chance you'll need a sump pump. Let me know. C.
Water is coming up from below my unfinished basement...
Proper Basement Repair
Need Basement Waterproofed... HELP!!
basement bugs HELP!!!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps