I am wondering if anyone out there can help me with my basement problems. We have a finished basement that has been having major water problems. In our son's room (front west corner of the house) there was water that seemed to be seeping through the walls. However, no water leaks along the walls, only water lines along the floor. There is cement underneath the carpeting. About half of the room was soaking wet. We dried the carpet, did not pull the carpet up. On the outside, my husband dug a 18 foot long, 4 foot deep, 1 1/2 foot wide trench around that particular corner of the house. Put in a perforated drain pipe, covered the pipe with weeding fabric, sealed the exterior wall, applied a plastic barrier against the wall. And then we put in about two tons of gravel. We also drained the pipe away from the house on both corners. (west and east) We had rain for about 8 days after the french drain was initially put in. Today, we had continuous rain all day and a small portion of the carpet is wet. We don't know what else to do! We think that water may be gathering underneath our porch, which is where the water seems to be coming in. Can anyone help us? We are thinking of concrete, but we're not sure. We're also thinking of having chem dry come and clean our carpet. Please help!
This drain thats 4 feet deep. That is all the way to to or below the cellar floor grade?? If not, you'll have to dig deeper. also fill the drain trench almost all the way to the top with crushed stone. If there is a downslope grade lower than cellar floor grade,your in good shape. Add the porch to this also.If this doesn't work there is a good chance you'll need a sump pump. Let me know. C.
Water is coming up from below my unfinished basement...
Proper Basement Repair
Need Basement Waterproofed... HELP!!
basement bugs HELP!!!!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers