I am wondering if anyone out there can help me with my basement problems. We have a finished basement that has been having major water problems. In our son's room (front west corner of the house) there was water that seemed to be seeping through the walls. However, no water leaks along the walls, only water lines along the floor. There is cement underneath the carpeting. About half of the room was soaking wet. We dried the carpet, did not pull the carpet up. On the outside, my husband dug a 18 foot long, 4 foot deep, 1 1/2 foot wide trench around that particular corner of the house. Put in a perforated drain pipe, covered the pipe with weeding fabric, sealed the exterior wall, applied a plastic barrier against the wall. And then we put in about two tons of gravel. We also drained the pipe away from the house on both corners. (west and east) We had rain for about 8 days after the french drain was initially put in. Today, we had continuous rain all day and a small portion of the carpet is wet. We don't know what else to do! We think that water may be gathering underneath our porch, which is where the water seems to be coming in. Can anyone help us? We are thinking of concrete, but we're not sure. We're also thinking of having chem dry come and clean our carpet. Please help!
This drain thats 4 feet deep. That is all the way to to or below the cellar floor grade?? If not, you'll have to dig deeper. also fill the drain trench almost all the way to the top with crushed stone. If there is a downslope grade lower than cellar floor grade,your in good shape. Add the porch to this also.If this doesn't work there is a good chance you'll need a sump pump. Let me know. C.
Water is coming up from below my unfinished basement...
Proper Basement Repair
Need Basement Waterproofed... HELP!!
basement bugs HELP!!!!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight