I live right next to trains so foundation shifts causing leaks begining to get worse how do i fix this prolem
Hi there - I was well on my way to buying a home until the inspection showed a crawl space with the wood part of the wall 6" below grade and rotted. This is on about 1/3 of the house that was an addition and has 3 exterior doors on that part of the house. Is there any way to correct this and is it crazy expensive or should I just run away while I can? thanks for any response- Shannon
House was built in 1958 by my grandpa I just bought it. Never has it ever had water on the floor in basement until yesterday when we got three inches. No sump pump and no floor drains. I need a quick easy fix so I can fix my floors.
am having efflorescence all around where an old French drain was installed. the sump has not been running so I think something is up!what type of company do I call to get thus checked out?we are fourth generation owners so no idea who installed the system. House is 20 years old so no idea how old the system is.
Exterior waterproofing with stone foundation and gra...
What Else - Water in Da' Basement
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!