I see you are very knowledgeable about basement and leaks. I am quite frustrated with the slew of waterproofers who have come through my house. Every one of them seems to be selling me some kinf of a solution, but cannot correctly diagnose the problem.
Do you know if these systems will correct the problem or at least mitigate seepage? Or drylock? Or is it just a way of life for a 45 year old house?
I see some cracks along my cynder walls and there is definitely some mold/water at one corner. I'm not sure how severe this is, and to be honest, I plan to move in about 5 years anyway (not because of this).
Any advice? Thanks.
brand spankin` new and older homes have crack(s) etc which allow water in,thus mold,efflorescence,radon gas,termites `n so on.
drylok/paints and inside drain tile/inside baseboard systems do not stop/waterproof basement walls, period.
only an exterior method will stop water,relieve lateral & hydrostatic pressure off outside of wall which cracks,bows `n possibly collapse bsmt walls. And when one stops the water they will also stop/prevent mold,efflorescence,radon gas & insects from entering through cracks & other direct openings in bsmt walls.
what an inside drain tile & baseboard dewatering system does is, at best it should keep water off most of the basement floor as the water still Enters through cracks etc. It diverts.....water that will continue to come in, under the floor.... or w/baseboard system, along the inside perimeter. But since water is still allowed to enter, mold/efflorescence will continue to grow. And soil pressure is still present which could continue to crack,bow the bsmt walls cuz they dont hand dig and haul away all the soil/tree roots other debris that is against the outside of the walls, know what i mean?
call me if you like, here to help 313-881-8035 today i`ll be around 7:30 am - 4:30
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!