I'm building a new house. yesterday they just poured the cemement flooring for my basement/garage. To my horor The crew did not put the 6" Poly under the cement where there Garage is (the garage is below living quarters). I looked at the plans and it did call for poly under the cement in the garage. My question is: Is there any REAL reason not to put poly under a cement slab that is in a garage? I'm considering making them rip/jack hammer it out and do it again (It was clearly in the plans). I of course do not want to do this so I'm wondering if the plans were over kill.
PS I live in a wet climate
my 2 cents...
if it was in plans it...shoulda been done.
what i can say about NOT having the ploy under G floor is, we`ve waterproofed quite a few walls/part wall-crack under a G floor and to this day, after 25+ years we have YET to see any poly, lol.
now, most of the G floors have been fine, no problems w/cement work is what i can tell ya.
where the poly, to me, is more helpful is under a basement floor, especially to help prevent radon gas....not that the poly is a solve-all by any means but, sure wouldn`t hurt. hopefully they poured bsmt floor 4" and didnt get cheap and pour 3" or less
Plastic under cement????
Moisture in basement, water leaking under footers
Finished wall in basement wet.
Need info about Pouring Cement under Bulkhead Stairs
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!