OK, so I had a really bad leaky basement. Turns out my neighbor had her downspouts dumping out onto her yard which ran down the bank to my house. She got that fixed and diverted her spouts out to the street where they should be. I also fixed a broken gutter that I have...
Before I go any ****her I put some pictures up on a website site quick. Here's that site: http://home.comcast.net/~lj_web
OK, now that you are all checking out my house. You see how the land from that bank is grated directly towards my house? I'm thinking of grabbing some topsoil and grass seed this weekend and building a swell around the side of my house there and then grade the yard away from my house. I noticed that when it rains a lot of water just sits in my yard and doesn't have any place to go.
My basement doesn't leak when it's raining, only after it stops. I'm thinkin' it's because of that hydrostatic pressure stuff. The ground absorbs the water since it's not running anywhere. I'm hoping/thinking that grating will fix this.
I live in PA, about an hour north of Philly in Reading. The last 2 weeks we got hit with some pretty serious rain storms. I think on Tuesday we got somewhere between 4" and 8" of rain. I maybe only had 2-3 gallons of water sitting on my floor. Will the gratting help/fix that? I'm sure it will help. If I still get a little water in my basement what should I do next? Perimeter drain or is there a cheaper solution if I hardly get any water at this point?
Thanks for your help...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects