OK, so I had a really bad leaky basement. Turns out my neighbor had her downspouts dumping out onto her yard which ran down the bank to my house. She got that fixed and diverted her spouts out to the street where they should be. I also fixed a broken gutter that I have...
Before I go any ****her I put some pictures up on a website site quick. Here's that site: http://home.comcast.net/~lj_web
OK, now that you are all checking out my house. You see how the land from that bank is grated directly towards my house? I'm thinking of grabbing some topsoil and grass seed this weekend and building a swell around the side of my house there and then grade the yard away from my house. I noticed that when it rains a lot of water just sits in my yard and doesn't have any place to go.
My basement doesn't leak when it's raining, only after it stops. I'm thinkin' it's because of that hydrostatic pressure stuff. The ground absorbs the water since it's not running anywhere. I'm hoping/thinking that grating will fix this.
I live in PA, about an hour north of Philly in Reading. The last 2 weeks we got hit with some pretty serious rain storms. I think on Tuesday we got somewhere between 4" and 8" of rain. I maybe only had 2-3 gallons of water sitting on my floor. Will the gratting help/fix that? I'm sure it will help. If I still get a little water in my basement what should I do next? Perimeter drain or is there a cheaper solution if I hardly get any water at this point?
Thanks for your help...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!