I had a french drain installed parallel with the back of my house to help with drainage, and the installer said not to cover the rocks with soil and seed, that doing that may clog it. He said that it will eventually fill in on it's own. The drain is about a foot or so wide and was installed in late summer. Will the grass eventually find it's way in and cover the rocks? My golden retriever likes to take the rocks and toss them around the yard. I'm anxious to get this eyesore covered! Also, my back yard is at a very slight slope towards the house (the reason for the drain) and it's terribly mushy when it rains or the snow melts. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!!
the installer said" by adding/putting dirt over rocks may clog it" hmmm, seems to me.....think about this.....dirt is going to get into the rocks/drain anyways from.....the sides of where the rocks and dirt meet and from underneath.
It's confusing, some say to leave it uncovered and the grass will eventually grow over it and some say to cover. My neighbor had hers done (before I bought my house) and said hers looked like mine, but is now covered over. It seemed like a little grass was starting to creep into the sides in areas, but the whole thing looks like an eyesore to me. What to do.....
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!