I had a french drain installed parallel with the back of my house to help with drainage, and the installer said not to cover the rocks with soil and seed, that doing that may clog it. He said that it will eventually fill in on it's own. The drain is about a foot or so wide and was installed in late summer. Will the grass eventually find it's way in and cover the rocks? My golden retriever likes to take the rocks and toss them around the yard. I'm anxious to get this eyesore covered! Also, my back yard is at a very slight slope towards the house (the reason for the drain) and it's terribly mushy when it rains or the snow melts. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!!
the installer said" by adding/putting dirt over rocks may clog it" hmmm, seems to me.....think about this.....dirt is going to get into the rocks/drain anyways from.....the sides of where the rocks and dirt meet and from underneath.
It's confusing, some say to leave it uncovered and the grass will eventually grow over it and some say to cover. My neighbor had hers done (before I bought my house) and said hers looked like mine, but is now covered over. It seemed like a little grass was starting to creep into the sides in areas, but the whole thing looks like an eyesore to me. What to do.....
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love