What does it look like?
If fibreglass was used to insulate the attic in my house, what color, how does this insulation look like? Are fibreglass particles light enough to float like dust?
When the workers cut holes in the ceiling I noticed on the floor gray colored clumps of material that looked like dust cumps on the floor. Could this dust have been insulation material?
Sounds like you have " blown in shredded type " insulation, not all insulation is fiberglass. Usually blown-in is made from recycled cellulose material and looks like old newspaper wadded-up, wet and shredded so if you cut a whole in ceiling it will fall out, nothing to hold it in like backing on batted fiberglass insulation.. Lowe's sells shredded type and rents the machine to blow it in. Some attics you can't get a person in their, sounds like what happened in your case, guy had to cut through ceiling to get at whatever he was working on.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight