What does it look like?
If fibreglass was used to insulate the attic in my house, what color, how does this insulation look like? Are fibreglass particles light enough to float like dust?
When the workers cut holes in the ceiling I noticed on the floor gray colored clumps of material that looked like dust cumps on the floor. Could this dust have been insulation material?
Sounds like you have " blown in shredded type " insulation, not all insulation is fiberglass. Usually blown-in is made from recycled cellulose material and looks like old newspaper wadded-up, wet and shredded so if you cut a whole in ceiling it will fall out, nothing to hold it in like backing on batted fiberglass insulation.. Lowe's sells shredded type and rents the machine to blow it in. Some attics you can't get a person in their, sounds like what happened in your case, guy had to cut through ceiling to get at whatever he was working on.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING