I live in a detached condo complex in Warren, Michigan, built in November of 1997.
The condo has Anderson windows installed, of the 'crank' type variety - where you crank the windows open and shut.
Recently my bedroom window will crank open all the way, but will not shut all the way - stopping about an inch from closing. Upon examination, it almost seems like the gear is rubbing on something - yet, I don't want to force it closed, in fear of breaking it. There doesn't appear to be anything obstructing the gears.
1. Do you have any suggestions as to what I might try to do to fix it?
2. Do you have any recommendations as to an Anderson window repair dealer close to Warren, MI?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!