I live in a detached condo complex in Warren, Michigan, built in November of 1997.
The condo has Anderson windows installed, of the 'crank' type variety - where you crank the windows open and shut.
Recently my bedroom window will crank open all the way, but will not shut all the way - stopping about an inch from closing. Upon examination, it almost seems like the gear is rubbing on something - yet, I don't want to force it closed, in fear of breaking it. There doesn't appear to be anything obstructing the gears.
1. Do you have any suggestions as to what I might try to do to fix it?
2. Do you have any recommendations as to an Anderson window repair dealer close to Warren, MI?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects