I live in a detached condo complex in Warren, Michigan, built in November of 1997.
The condo has Anderson windows installed, of the 'crank' type variety - where you crank the windows open and shut.
Recently my bedroom window will crank open all the way, but will not shut all the way - stopping about an inch from closing. Upon examination, it almost seems like the gear is rubbing on something - yet, I don't want to force it closed, in fear of breaking it. There doesn't appear to be anything obstructing the gears.
1. Do you have any suggestions as to what I might try to do to fix it?
2. Do you have any recommendations as to an Anderson window repair dealer close to Warren, MI?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love