I live in a detached condo complex in Warren, Michigan, built in November of 1997.
The condo has Anderson windows installed, of the 'crank' type variety - where you crank the windows open and shut.
Recently my bedroom window will crank open all the way, but will not shut all the way - stopping about an inch from closing. Upon examination, it almost seems like the gear is rubbing on something - yet, I don't want to force it closed, in fear of breaking it. There doesn't appear to be anything obstructing the gears.
1. Do you have any suggestions as to what I might try to do to fix it?
2. Do you have any recommendations as to an Anderson window repair dealer close to Warren, MI?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight