A few years ago I had a major leak from my toilet connect hose that goes from the toilet to the water pipe that comes out of the wall. The hose disconnected itself from the toilet and sprayed water all over the entire bathroom and filled the bathroom with about two inches of water before I shut off the water valve. I noticed that with the new flexible connect hoses, the part will suddenly have a major leak without much warning of a small leak initiating the problem. After several years of the part being replaced with a new flexible connect hose, the hose has started to turn green. Is this a sign that there is a possibility of another water leak looming in the future soon? Is there any indicators of a potential water leak that I should look out for from the flexible connect hose? I believe that the old metal pipes that connect the toilet to the water pipe on the wall may be more reliable. The metal type of pipe will usually leak more slowly before a major leak happens. Appreciate your response when you have a chance.
Those chrome plated tubes with the toilet fitting end are better because the flexible type rely on a rubber tube within that could burst at any time.
Avoided a near disaster - Is there a solution so it ...
Flush valve problem
toilet tank/bowl leak
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight