A few years ago I had a major leak from my toilet connect hose that goes from the toilet to the water pipe that comes out of the wall. The hose disconnected itself from the toilet and sprayed water all over the entire bathroom and filled the bathroom with about two inches of water before I shut off the water valve. I noticed that with the new flexible connect hoses, the part will suddenly have a major leak without much warning of a small leak initiating the problem. After several years of the part being replaced with a new flexible connect hose, the hose has started to turn green. Is this a sign that there is a possibility of another water leak looming in the future soon? Is there any indicators of a potential water leak that I should look out for from the flexible connect hose? I believe that the old metal pipes that connect the toilet to the water pipe on the wall may be more reliable. The metal type of pipe will usually leak more slowly before a major leak happens. Appreciate your response when you have a chance.
Those chrome plated tubes with the toilet fitting end are better because the flexible type rely on a rubber tube within that could burst at any time.
Avoided a near disaster - Is there a solution so it ...
Flush valve problem
toilet tank/bowl leak
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!