We just purchased a new cooktop and oven from Ikea, as we are having an Ikea kitchen installed. There was a range in the previous kitchen, so there is only one 220 outlet on that wall. The installer says we need another 220 outlet to accomodate both appliances, but the electrician says it will be a huge job because of the location of the breaker box, and the fact that the house has two stories with no attic to run the wire.It will be too costly to add the outlet, and the line would have to fo underground tearing up the front walkway.
Are there cooktops that will use a 110 outlet? We have been advised to return the cooktop and oven and just go back to a one piece reange because of the electrical issue. Can you think of another option for us?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!