Model Number 110.92822101
When I start the dryer, it heats right up, but only stays hot for anywhere between 5-15 min. with a meat thermometer in the exhaust tube, I'm reaching ~140 deg F. then I lose heat. With the kick-panel off, the flame goes out, and a couple of minutes later, the igniter glows bright, but the flame doesn't kick in. This continues every couple of minutes.
I ran the diagnostics on the moisture sensor, thermistor and thermal fuse. All checked OK. I tried to check the high-limit thermostat, but with very little clearance, I couldn't get the wires off to touch the volt-meter probes to the thermostat tabs.
If I let the dryer sit for 10 minutes, it starts just fine with heat again, but the process above repeats.
Any suggestions on where to go from here? I figure I need to get back in and check that high-limit t'stat. Is it possible that it would work properly at room temp or low temps, and then fail at elevated temperatures?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!