Model Number 110.92822101
When I start the dryer, it heats right up, but only stays hot for anywhere between 5-15 min. with a meat thermometer in the exhaust tube, I'm reaching ~140 deg F. then I lose heat. With the kick-panel off, the flame goes out, and a couple of minutes later, the igniter glows bright, but the flame doesn't kick in. This continues every couple of minutes.
I ran the diagnostics on the moisture sensor, thermistor and thermal fuse. All checked OK. I tried to check the high-limit thermostat, but with very little clearance, I couldn't get the wires off to touch the volt-meter probes to the thermostat tabs.
If I let the dryer sit for 10 minutes, it starts just fine with heat again, but the process above repeats.
Any suggestions on where to go from here? I figure I need to get back in and check that high-limit t'stat. Is it possible that it would work properly at room temp or low temps, and then fail at elevated temperatures?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes