I had read somewhere that you shouldn't use the foam insulation spray around vinyl windows. I am wondering if that is true?
My problem is I had some new vinyl windows installed in my house and when some were installed, there were good size gaps around the windows and now the cold air seems to get through the sides during the winter. I'm sure the same thing was happening opposite in the summer.
I am trying to figure out the best way to insulate around the windows and stop the air from escaping. Thanks for the help.
use low expanding foam in the can. but test on some scrap wood and see how much to put in so you don't overfill and cause the foam to compress extreemly against the window. then cut off excess when dry.
the window companys recomend that you do not use expandable foam . It will void your warranty. On improper installation.
Thanks, I thought so... I don't want to risk damage anyways. Maybe there is an easy alternative? What other options might I have... just stuffing insulation in the cracks? Is there any kind of solid barier I should use for larger gaps?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 5 Things to Do with... Colanders
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps