Hi, I got my shower built 1 1/2 years ago and tiles are starting to fall off. About 2 months after it was built, some tiles looked like they were always wet. I tried letting them dry for a long period, but they never returned to there original color, so half of my shower isn't the same color as the other... Grout falls of at some edges... Long story short, now I have to find a new builder to redo the job but I'm very apprehensive. I trusted my 1st builder who never even bothered to come back and see his wonderful job and look where that got me! I would like to be more educated in shower materials so that I don't get wrongly influenced in my decision this time around.
1- I really wanted Epoxy for the grout the last time but I was told that it was not necessary.
So Epoxy or standard grout with booster?
2- In choosing the tiles is it true that some tiles absorbe water and some don't? I'd go to one hardware store and they'd say yes it's true. Then the other hardware store would say that it was not. Who to believe? They were both convincing in there argumentes!
After the problems started in my shower, I was told there were numbers at the back of the tiles to indicate the durability... Is this true and if so, what number should I be looking for to install in a shower?
I sure hope you can help me out and will greatly appreciate any advice you can give. I really do not want to start over in 1 1/2 years again. Have a great one, Nadine
this is my first time hearing of thing like this, i've heard of tiles falling of because water gets behind them do to the poor insulating values of the adhesive, however i've never heard of tiles changing color, i think you should look for a different type of tiles of higher quality, i don't think it was the constructor fault
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes