Hi, I got my shower built 1 1/2 years ago and tiles are starting to fall off. About 2 months after it was built, some tiles looked like they were always wet. I tried letting them dry for a long period, but they never returned to there original color, so half of my shower isn't the same color as the other... Grout falls of at some edges... Long story short, now I have to find a new builder to redo the job but I'm very apprehensive. I trusted my 1st builder who never even bothered to come back and see his wonderful job and look where that got me! I would like to be more educated in shower materials so that I don't get wrongly influenced in my decision this time around.
1- I really wanted Epoxy for the grout the last time but I was told that it was not necessary.
So Epoxy or standard grout with booster?
2- In choosing the tiles is it true that some tiles absorbe water and some don't? I'd go to one hardware store and they'd say yes it's true. Then the other hardware store would say that it was not. Who to believe? They were both convincing in there argumentes!
After the problems started in my shower, I was told there were numbers at the back of the tiles to indicate the durability... Is this true and if so, what number should I be looking for to install in a shower?
I sure hope you can help me out and will greatly appreciate any advice you can give. I really do not want to start over in 1 1/2 years again. Have a great one, Nadine
this is my first time hearing of thing like this, i've heard of tiles falling of because water gets behind them do to the poor insulating values of the adhesive, however i've never heard of tiles changing color, i think you should look for a different type of tiles of higher quality, i don't think it was the constructor fault
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love