Hi, I got my shower built 1 1/2 years ago and tiles are starting to fall off. About 2 months after it was built, some tiles looked like they were always wet. I tried letting them dry for a long period, but they never returned to there original color, so half of my shower isn't the same color as the other... Grout falls of at some edges... Long story short, now I have to find a new builder to redo the job but I'm very apprehensive. I trusted my 1st builder who never even bothered to come back and see his wonderful job and look where that got me! I would like to be more educated in shower materials so that I don't get wrongly influenced in my decision this time around.
1- I really wanted Epoxy for the grout the last time but I was told that it was not necessary.
So Epoxy or standard grout with booster?
2- In choosing the tiles is it true that some tiles absorbe water and some don't? I'd go to one hardware store and they'd say yes it's true. Then the other hardware store would say that it was not. Who to believe? They were both convincing in there argumentes!
After the problems started in my shower, I was told there were numbers at the back of the tiles to indicate the durability... Is this true and if so, what number should I be looking for to install in a shower?
I sure hope you can help me out and will greatly appreciate any advice you can give. I really do not want to start over in 1 1/2 years again. Have a great one, Nadine
this is my first time hearing of thing like this, i've heard of tiles falling of because water gets behind them do to the poor insulating values of the adhesive, however i've never heard of tiles changing color, i think you should look for a different type of tiles of higher quality, i don't think it was the constructor fault
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- How to Refinish a Dresser
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY