After putting a camera down from the roof I was advised that I have a belly in the line that must be replaced to the tune of $22,000. The issue has been going on for a long time. I call my plumber who cleans out the drain in the front of house. After the city replaced the pipes in the sewer line due to roots from an Oak tree. 3 days later, the bubbling started in the hallway bath after 3 laundries. Today I called a firm, who detected belly in the PVC pipe. My town home was built in 1981.
Observation: Put camera down waste line from the roof stack. Found line to have a large belly from laundry to front clean out.
Solution: tunnel under slab of home with vacuum truck up to 30'. Repair PVC main line to correct pitch
and code. Treat under home for sub terrain termites, fill back void with ??? sand. Hydro jet ????all waste lines in home. 2 year parts & labor warranty.
I appreciate any feedback and advice.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!