Building a new home and have 9ft ceiling heights on the first floor. We have 6ft tall windows...Does anyone know where they should be hung...Our buider has framed them starting 1.5ft from the ceiling which seems very high to me. Isn't there a standard for this sort of thing? I thought the window should start from the height of the door. We changed the windows from our plans to increase their height but I thought they would be 'floor to ceiling'. They have tempered glass on the bottom.... If anyone can help, Thank you!!
~Susan in Mass.
You are correct that the top of the windows (regardless of their height) are normally aligned with the top of the doors in a home. Doors are usually either 6'8" or 8' tall. Although that is the norm there are occasions in which the windows are not aligned.
Window leaking- water coming in house- help!
Help with Ideal Window Manufacturers
picture window with condensation betwwen window and ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!