Building a new home and have 9ft ceiling heights on the first floor. We have 6ft tall windows...Does anyone know where they should be hung...Our buider has framed them starting 1.5ft from the ceiling which seems very high to me. Isn't there a standard for this sort of thing? I thought the window should start from the height of the door. We changed the windows from our plans to increase their height but I thought they would be 'floor to ceiling'. They have tempered glass on the bottom.... If anyone can help, Thank you!!
~Susan in Mass.
You are correct that the top of the windows (regardless of their height) are normally aligned with the top of the doors in a home. Doors are usually either 6'8" or 8' tall. Although that is the norm there are occasions in which the windows are not aligned.
Window leaking- water coming in house- help!
Help with Ideal Window Manufacturers
picture window with condensation betwwen window and ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects