Building a new home and have 9ft ceiling heights on the first floor. We have 6ft tall windows...Does anyone know where they should be hung...Our buider has framed them starting 1.5ft from the ceiling which seems very high to me. Isn't there a standard for this sort of thing? I thought the window should start from the height of the door. We changed the windows from our plans to increase their height but I thought they would be 'floor to ceiling'. They have tempered glass on the bottom.... If anyone can help, Thank you!!
~Susan in Mass.
You are correct that the top of the windows (regardless of their height) are normally aligned with the top of the doors in a home. Doors are usually either 6'8" or 8' tall. Although that is the norm there are occasions in which the windows are not aligned.
Window leaking- water coming in house- help!
Help with Ideal Window Manufacturers
picture window with condensation betwwen window and ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes