I recently bought Crestline windows at Menards but when I took the plastic off, I noticed the welds at the corners look terrible. I am going to take them back, especially after reading reviews here. I am just looking for some good basic windows, because I am only going to be in the house 3-5 more years. I have looked into Jeld Wen, and Pella Thermastar so far. Any input or suggestions of other options??
Do NOT buy Crestline windows - I have crestline windows and they are a poor quality window. Crestline has replaced my windows already once and now those windows are coming apart.
I need to replace the windows of a 30 old home. I have heard that complete removal of the existing window, frame and mounting brackets is the best. Cotractors are wanting to use the existing allumiun frame for the new casement. Which is better and is there better quality windows that you could recommend.
John L. Johnson
John L. Johnson
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!