I recently bought Crestline windows at Menards but when I took the plastic off, I noticed the welds at the corners look terrible. I am going to take them back, especially after reading reviews here. I am just looking for some good basic windows, because I am only going to be in the house 3-5 more years. I have looked into Jeld Wen, and Pella Thermastar so far. Any input or suggestions of other options??
Do NOT buy Crestline windows - I have crestline windows and they are a poor quality window. Crestline has replaced my windows already once and now those windows are coming apart.
I need to replace the windows of a 30 old home. I have heard that complete removal of the existing window, frame and mounting brackets is the best. Cotractors are wanting to use the existing allumiun frame for the new casement. Which is better and is there better quality windows that you could recommend.
John L. Johnson
John L. Johnson
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight