I have a Craftsman garage door opener that was installed by a previous owner and lack an owner's manual.
My remote only worked a couple of times after I bought the place, so I've been punching in my code on the keypad to open the door. The door started acting funny - closing, then occasionally re-opening. I changed the keypad code 2 weeks ago and everything has been fine, until today.
I entered my code and the keypad started blinking, usually if I press 'enter' again, the door will open. Today it didn't, it just kept on blinking. I tried re-entering my code, with the same result.
The keypad panel has instructions on how to reset the code and how to set a temporary pin. I tried the temporary pin procedure, but it is difficult to pull off when you can't see if the motor light is blinking.
My car is locked in the garage. (detached garage)
I don't know the model number on the motor, but my remote is model #139.53681B (I only have one)
The keypad has one section that looks like it can be removed - one tiny screw holds it on - I think this is where the battery is? (I don't have a screwdriver small enough to open it)
Ideas on what is wrong with the keypad?
Any suggestions on how to get the door open?
Garage Door keypad - can different brands work with ...
Craftsman garage door keypad
GARAGE DOOR OPENER PROBLEM!!
garage door depth problem
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING