I have a Craftsman garage door opener that was installed by a previous owner and lack an owner's manual.
My remote only worked a couple of times after I bought the place, so I've been punching in my code on the keypad to open the door. The door started acting funny - closing, then occasionally re-opening. I changed the keypad code 2 weeks ago and everything has been fine, until today.
I entered my code and the keypad started blinking, usually if I press 'enter' again, the door will open. Today it didn't, it just kept on blinking. I tried re-entering my code, with the same result.
The keypad panel has instructions on how to reset the code and how to set a temporary pin. I tried the temporary pin procedure, but it is difficult to pull off when you can't see if the motor light is blinking.
My car is locked in the garage. (detached garage)
I don't know the model number on the motor, but my remote is model #139.53681B (I only have one)
The keypad has one section that looks like it can be removed - one tiny screw holds it on - I think this is where the battery is? (I don't have a screwdriver small enough to open it)
Ideas on what is wrong with the keypad?
Any suggestions on how to get the door open?
Garage Door keypad - can different brands work with ...
Craftsman garage door keypad
GARAGE DOOR OPENER PROBLEM!!
garage door depth problem
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs