Hello all, I'm in the process of converting a large industrial loft and making several bedrooms. Because all of the windows are on one side of the space, some of the rooms will not have access to an outdoor window, so I would like to incorporate windows into the walls for both light and, possibly, ventilation.
I am a renter, not owner, so I'd like to do this cheaply but beautifully if possible.
I've been considering doing 3/4 walls (the ceilings are 11.3' high) and incorporating double glazed glass (for sound insulation). This is perhaps the most aesthetic choice, although they could not be opened. Other possibilities include single/double/horizontal sliding windows, casement, or awning windows.
Has anyone ever done this or have any suggestions?
I should also say I'm in New York City, with some access to used and salvaged materials. Thanks in advance!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes