My dryer is making a loud noise i think it's the belt. how do you get to it to change it? any help would be great.
Pull the dryer out so you can get access to the backside, remove the screw holding the back on, remove back panel. If it's really making a LOT of noise, I'd bet it's not the belt but the bearings around the drum. In which case I'd call the repair man instead of trying to do this yourself. Anyway good luck.
i disagree with WICK. This is a fairly simple job. Since it is making a lot of noise, i think it is one of the "coaster" that the dryer drum sits on. I just completed this repair about 3 months ago. It cost me maybe $20 to do myself. Try to find a repair man to come out for that amount of money. the important thing to do is to pay attention to the way the "coaster" was sitting before you take it off. The dryer is simple to take apart and put back together. P.S. you might as well replace the belt if you decide to do this job. It took me about 2 hours, included the trip to the parts store, to complete this project. Have fun.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects