My dryer is making a loud noise i think it's the belt. how do you get to it to change it? any help would be great.
Pull the dryer out so you can get access to the backside, remove the screw holding the back on, remove back panel. If it's really making a LOT of noise, I'd bet it's not the belt but the bearings around the drum. In which case I'd call the repair man instead of trying to do this yourself. Anyway good luck.
i disagree with WICK. This is a fairly simple job. Since it is making a lot of noise, i think it is one of the "coaster" that the dryer drum sits on. I just completed this repair about 3 months ago. It cost me maybe $20 to do myself. Try to find a repair man to come out for that amount of money. the important thing to do is to pay attention to the way the "coaster" was sitting before you take it off. The dryer is simple to take apart and put back together. P.S. you might as well replace the belt if you decide to do this job. It took me about 2 hours, included the trip to the parts store, to complete this project. Have fun.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING