My dryer is making a loud noise i think it's the belt. how do you get to it to change it? any help would be great.
Pull the dryer out so you can get access to the backside, remove the screw holding the back on, remove back panel. If it's really making a LOT of noise, I'd bet it's not the belt but the bearings around the drum. In which case I'd call the repair man instead of trying to do this yourself. Anyway good luck.
i disagree with WICK. This is a fairly simple job. Since it is making a lot of noise, i think it is one of the "coaster" that the dryer drum sits on. I just completed this repair about 3 months ago. It cost me maybe $20 to do myself. Try to find a repair man to come out for that amount of money. the important thing to do is to pay attention to the way the "coaster" was sitting before you take it off. The dryer is simple to take apart and put back together. P.S. you might as well replace the belt if you decide to do this job. It took me about 2 hours, included the trip to the parts store, to complete this project. Have fun.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!