My husband and I recently installed a cultured granite tub surround, and now we have a soap/shampoo "cady" that we want to install. This cady will fit in the corner of the surround (not recessed), but we are usure how to properly install it. We don't want it to fall off or slide down the wall. Any suggestions of how we can support the cady during installation? It is about 12 inches tall and approximately 8 inches wide and is shaped to fit in the right angle of a corner. Thank you.
My husband & I did the same and did not want to damage the granite so we used liquid nail. It has been hanging for about 7 months with no problems.
Without seeing the caddy it's hard to tell, but if you do not want to drill try the type of silicon used for making salt water acquariums. It comes in a tube like any caulking and is applied in the same manner. It holds tremendous weight and the bond is not damaged or weakened by water since this is what the product is made for. Good luck.
orphan granite slab
Definition of Rough-In. What is included?
Settlement cracks and doors out of square after base...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight