My husband and I recently installed a cultured granite tub surround, and now we have a soap/shampoo "cady" that we want to install. This cady will fit in the corner of the surround (not recessed), but we are usure how to properly install it. We don't want it to fall off or slide down the wall. Any suggestions of how we can support the cady during installation? It is about 12 inches tall and approximately 8 inches wide and is shaped to fit in the right angle of a corner. Thank you.
My husband & I did the same and did not want to damage the granite so we used liquid nail. It has been hanging for about 7 months with no problems.
Without seeing the caddy it's hard to tell, but if you do not want to drill try the type of silicon used for making salt water acquariums. It comes in a tube like any caulking and is applied in the same manner. It holds tremendous weight and the bond is not damaged or weakened by water since this is what the product is made for. Good luck.
orphan granite slab
Definition of Rough-In. What is included?
Settlement cracks and doors out of square after base...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love