My husband and I recently installed a cultured granite tub surround, and now we have a soap/shampoo "cady" that we want to install. This cady will fit in the corner of the surround (not recessed), but we are usure how to properly install it. We don't want it to fall off or slide down the wall. Any suggestions of how we can support the cady during installation? It is about 12 inches tall and approximately 8 inches wide and is shaped to fit in the right angle of a corner. Thank you.
My husband & I did the same and did not want to damage the granite so we used liquid nail. It has been hanging for about 7 months with no problems.
Without seeing the caddy it's hard to tell, but if you do not want to drill try the type of silicon used for making salt water acquariums. It comes in a tube like any caulking and is applied in the same manner. It holds tremendous weight and the bond is not damaged or weakened by water since this is what the product is made for. Good luck.
orphan granite slab
Definition of Rough-In. What is included?
Settlement cracks and doors out of square after base...
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING