My husband and I recently installed a cultured granite tub surround, and now we have a soap/shampoo "cady" that we want to install. This cady will fit in the corner of the surround (not recessed), but we are usure how to properly install it. We don't want it to fall off or slide down the wall. Any suggestions of how we can support the cady during installation? It is about 12 inches tall and approximately 8 inches wide and is shaped to fit in the right angle of a corner. Thank you.
My husband & I did the same and did not want to damage the granite so we used liquid nail. It has been hanging for about 7 months with no problems.
Without seeing the caddy it's hard to tell, but if you do not want to drill try the type of silicon used for making salt water acquariums. It comes in a tube like any caulking and is applied in the same manner. It holds tremendous weight and the bond is not damaged or weakened by water since this is what the product is made for. Good luck.
orphan granite slab
Definition of Rough-In. What is included?
Settlement cracks and doors out of square after base...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!